Parents as Partners
Week Beginning 17th June 2019
What a lovely first week back we have had. This week we have been monitoring the growth of our peas and beanstalkJ and we have also planted some poppy seeds in our old wellington boots. Have a look at our ‘Growing Area’ when you come to school it is going to very exciting over the next few weeks as things start to grow. We also found some amazing insects during outside play – ask the children to see if they can tell you which insects we observedJ
Next week we will be doing the following:
Literacy – We will be looking at the features of a non-fiction book linked to snails. We will be talking about the contents page and the index at the back. We will also be introducing our new narrative immersion text. Please find enclosed your ‘Top Secret Planning’ for you to think of ideas that you would like your child to do linked to the text. Please return it to school ASAP.
Letters and Sounds – We will also be practicing letter formation to ensure all our letter shapes are being formed correctly. If you are struggling with any aspect of the reading process please speak with a member of the EYFS team and remember you are welcome any morning between 9.00am and 9.30 am to come into school and observe your child do guided reading.
Understanding of the World – We will be finding out facts about snails and monitoring the growth of our plants outside of the classroom.
Mathematics – We will continue to use a number line to solve mathematical problems and we will be reinforcing the properties of 3d shapes.
Parents as Partners
- Please could all PE kits be returned to school as soon as possible.
- Creative Area – If you have any old boxes, cartons and junk that the children could use to make exciting things please pass it onto us at school. We will make very good use of it!
- Please could we remind you to make sure that your child’s name is written on the label of their uniform.
Dates for your diaries
- Sports Day – Friday 21st June – AM
- EYFS – School Trip – 23rd July 2019 – Details to follow.
The EYFS Team