EYFS Parents as Partners Newsletter
What a busy week we have had. We have been learning lots of interesting facts about penguins and we have created some 3d papier-mâché penguins…. Wow! We have also created lists of what we wear in winter and summer.
This week Miss Trainor has started working in Reception. She is a teaching student and will be working in Reception for the next nine weeks. She has settled in well and we are all looking forward to working alongside her.
Next week will be doing the following:
Literacy – We will be introducing our new Narrative Immersion book – Penguin Small – We will be exploring the theme of emotions. We will be talking about the following:
- What are emotions?
- What makes you sad?
- How are you feeling?
- When do you feel sad and why?
We will also be receiving something special through the post. What is it going to be? You will have to wait and seeJ
Letters and Sounds – We will be learning the sounds y, z, zz and qu – we will be blending the sounds together to make simple words and practicing the correct letter formation. We will be learning to read the Tricky words ‘he’ and ‘she’ and reading captions with the words (and he, she, no, go) in them.
Mathematics – We will be focusing on number recognition and ordering numbers 11 – 20 and doing some problem solving with penguins and polar bears.
Thank you to all parents who attended our Reading Workshops this week.
- Reading Books – We will be changing books and checking initial sounds/ words on Monday. Please make sure your child’s reading things are in school every day. Thank you
- Library books are changed on Friday.
- PE Kits – Please make sure your child’s PE kit is in school, we do PE on Monday and Dance on Friday.
- Please can you make sure that your child brings their school bag to school every day so that they have somewhere to put their paintings and any work they have done at school to take home. Thank you
Have a lovely weekend and we will see you on Monday.
Thank you for your help and support
The EYFS Team
Please have a look at the Parent Overview below to find what your child will be learning about this term.