EYFS Parents as Partners Newsletter
Week Beginning 3rd December
What a busy week it has been. Linked to our Narrative Immersion text we have learned some facts about nocturnal animals and we have followed instructions to create some bird food for the hungry birds who live near our school We have also created some amazing decorations for the school Christmas tree which will be in the entrance hall. Make sure you have a look at it, it looks beautiful every year.
Next week we will be doing the following:
Literacy – Through our Narrative Immersion text Plop will meet an astronaut who is following a star. We will be investigating space and making rockets. We will also be introducing the Christmas story.
Letters and Sounds – We will be learning the sounds j, w, x, y, z, zz and qu – we will be blending the sounds together to make simple words and practicing the correct letter formation. We will be learning to read the Tricky words ‘he’ and ‘she’ and reading captions with the words (and he, she, no, go) in them.
Mathematics – We will be focusing on problem solving and playing a Math’s Toolkit game called ‘Odd one out’ and doing some problem solving with stars and rockets.
- Reading Packs – Please make sure your child’s reading things are in school every day. I will be changing books and checking initial sounds on Monday.
- Library books are changed on Fridays.
Parents as Partners – Dates for you Diary
- Reading Session – Phase 3 – Tuesday 4th December 2018 – 2.15pm. Next week there will be a Reading session linked to Phase 3 Letters and Sounds – this is a session for parents who could not attend the workshops a couple of weeks ago.
- Pantomime – Next week we will be taking the children on a trip to the pantomime in Stockport.
- Christmas craft day – Wednesday 12th A chance for you to come and join in doing some Christmas Crafts with your child
- Christmas Nativity service in church Tuesday 18th December at 2:00.
Thank you for your help and support
The EYFS Team