Parents as Partners
Week Beginning 15th July 2019
This week has been a busy one! Assessments, planting, looking for snails and letter formation. They have also created some amazing pictures/ paintings of snails and were able to talk with confidence about the different parts of the snail because they are all snail experts! Ask them at home and see what they can tell you.
Next week we will be doing the following:
Literacy – Next week linked to our Narrative Immersion text we will be talking about our local environment and the world as a whole and how we can ensure that we look after it. We will be looking at an amazing picture book called ‘The Window’ and we will discuss change over time and whether all change is good for us.
Letters and Sounds – We will also be practicing letter formation to ensure all our letter shapes are being formed correctly and we will be writing captions and simple sentences.
Mathematics – We will be reinforcing writing number sentences using our fingers, objects and a number line to find the answers.
Parents as Partners
• Creative Area – If you have any old boxes, cartons and junk that the children could use to make exciting things please pass it onto us at school. We will make very good use of it!
• Next week we will be collecting in all reading books and library books in preparation for their new year group.
Dates for your diaries
• EYFS – School Trip – 23rd July 2019 – Please return the permission slip and your contribution ASAP. Thank you to all parents who volunteered to come on the trip. As there were so many of you wjho volunteered we put names in a hat to decide who was chosen. I have notified the two parents who will be coming with us for the day.
• Parents Evening – 25th July 2019
• Transition Day – Friday – The children will be going to visit their new classroom and will be meeting their new teacher Exciting!
Thank you for your ongoing support.
The EYFS Team