A Letter from Mrs Rowles
Friday 18th September 2020
A really big thank you for supporting us during the children’s transition period. The children are settling into their new Reception environment and over the last week we have been doing the following:
- Learning the rules within our new setting
- Finding out about the different Continuous Provision areas within the classroom (Writing Area, Water Area and Dough Area).
- Learning the rules during carpet time.
- Getting to know staff and following simple instructions
- Learning how to use the snack table.
- Learning how to be independent (tucking chairs under, putting aprons on, where to put pictures and paintings, where to dry our hands within the classroom) and how to tidy the different areas when we have been playing.
Learning all these things will enable the children to be independent within their new classroom. Next week all children will attend full time 9.00am until 3.00pm. Exciting !!!!
EYFS Curriculum - Next week we be doing the following:
We will continue to reinforce all the rules of the classroom and ensure all children are familiar with classroom and lunchtime routines.
Literacy - We will be focusing on the book ‘Were going on a Bear Hunt’ by Michael Rosen and Helen Oxenbury.We will be creating story maps and going on our own bear hunt within our outside environment.
Letters and Sounds – We will be focusing on rhyming words and carrying out lots of sound talk.
Mathematics –We will be focusing on numbers 1-10 and doing some problem solving with bears and honeypots.
Expressive Arts and Design - Music - We will be learning some new songs linked to making friends.
Macmillan Cancer Support - Friday - To raise money for Macmillan Cancer support we are asking all children to attend school wearing something green and bring a donation of 50 pence. We will be designing cupcakes using lots of different materials and a winner will be chosen from each class.
- As we will be playing outside on a daily basis please can you make sure your child has their coat every day. Our weather is very changeable and therefore we need to be prepared for the rain.
- Please could you also provide a pair of wellington boots for your child for use during outside play.
Have a lovely weekend and we will see you all Monday.
The Reception Team
Home Learning Activities
If your child is required to self-isolate due to Covid-19 please find below a range of activities and resources that you can access and do at home. There are lots of tasks to keep you busy and some can be done more than once.
In the event of your child's bubble being closed to self isolate more information will be provided relating to online learning and lessons.