Please find our latest Ofsted Report available to download below.
You can also view our most recent Ofsted Report and previous Ofsted Reports on the Ofsted website.
St Thomas' CE Primary School was judged as Requires Improvement in September 2019.
As part of the judgement, the school has been working closely with a number of consultants from within the local authority. All staff and Governors are monitoring the areas identified by Ofsted through a Requires Improvement Action Plan. The areas for improvement are as follows:
- Improve rate of progress in Phonics for children in Key Stage 1 & 2
- Improve the teaching of Reading in KS1 & KS2
- Improve the quality of subject leadership throughout the school
- Improve the effectiveness of Senior Leaders in raising academic standards at the end of KS1 & KS2.
- Improve the effectiveness of Governance.
- Improve attendance of pupils throughout the school with particular reference to disadvantaged pupils & hard to reach families.
Governors meet half termly to monitor and challenge the progress towards the action plan.